background

Sunday, June 7, 2009

cake balls




This weekend I experimented with cake balls. I made them first on Thursday for my friend Katie's baby shower i jointly threw for her and people really liked them. I wish I could say I made them up but I saw them on Pioneer woman and she was shown from bakerella. there are so many different things you can do with them, cake pops, cupcake bites, and cake balls. for my first time i chose the basic form the cake ball.
The basics are make a box cake 13x9, let it cool then crumble and then mix in 1 container of frosting any flavor you want until all incorporated. roll into small balls. chill and then dip in chocolate. I did a triple chocolate cake, chocolate frosting and dark chocolate for dipping chocolate. I used the wafer chocolate not bark. I like the flavor a lot better. so yummy.
we even made another batch for the weekend with the blessing. these are a hit! you must try them you will be a star.
http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/03/cake-pop-lesson-1-the-cake-ball/ for more details follow this link.

No comments:

Post a Comment